Sweet sauce for lamb or venison!
This sauce recipe is excellent for lamb, venison or even beef. It takes 30 – 40 minutes to prepare.
Recipe is for six people. Scale up or down as you wish.
- 4 shallots
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 mushrooms
- 2 celeries
- 1 ½ cups (3dl) of Port
- 4 cups (1l) of water
- 6 whole black peppers
- 2 bay leafs
- (corn starch for thickening)
Here are the instructions:
- Slice shallots, mushrooms and celeries and sear them in butter in a large pan.
- Add thyme and port
- Let the sauce boil until it is reduced to half
- Add all other ingredients (not the corn starch) and boil until reduced to two thirds of volume
- Sift ingredients and thicken the sauce with corn starch
You should now have 2 cups (5dl) of sweet Port Sauce.
Try it with Grilled baby Lamb loins!